III. Value Education & Community Orientation Programme
1. Importance of values and professional ethics is constantly emphasized.
Pledges are undertaken by the Teacher Trainees in the morning Assembly.
2. As part of the B.Ed curriculum citizenship-training camp program is organized,
in which student teachers take up Adult Education programs, campus cleaning, and cleaning of neighbourhood areas.
They visit nearby schools and under developed areas and render services like white washing the schools,
conducting special classes and take tuitions for slow learners after college working hours.
3. Citizenship training camp for 5 days is organized with lectures on AIDS Awareness,
Safety and First aid, demonstrations on Scout, fire extinction etc., apart from taking up community services.
Importance of physical fitness is recognized by way of giving practice in Yoga. Many Professors and reputed speakers from Anna University,
Education Colleges, and Arts and Science Colleges are invited to enlighten the students in various subjects such as latest trends in Education. Law,
discipline management, first aid, water management, cleanliness, hygiene and social adjustment through group living etc.,
4. Blood donation camp is organized every year by the college Youth Red Cross society in association with
the Rotary club thus the college has established contacts with neighbourhood schools and social service organizations.
5. Every year, the college organizes a teaching aids exhibition. School children nearby visit and benefit by it.
Students display the educational aids prepared by them and donate them to the schools.
6. NSS, Rotaract Club, Consumer Club, Alumni Association, YRC and SSL all aim at maximum dissemination of service to the community.