CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS
1. Student-teachers, the future builders of the nation, are expected to maintain the highest standards of discipline and dignified manner of behavior inside as well as outside the College campus. They shall abide by the rules and regulations of the College and are moulded to act in a way that highlights the discipline and esteem of the College.
2. A six day working schedule from Monday to Saturday is followed. Classes are scheduled from 9.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. Attendance is compulsory in the Assembly held on the first day of the week.
3. Every Monday, prayer is conducted and the National flag is hoisted by our Principal. Relevant excerpts from Thirukkural, Quran, Bible, Bhagavad Gita and News read out by the students should be imbibed.
4. All the students are expected to be present in the class well -within time. Late comers will lose attendance for the corresponding hour.
5. Students shall rise from their seats when the teacher enters the class room and remain standing till the teacher takes her/his seat or they are allowed by the teacher to sit. Silence shall be observed during class hours.
6. No student shall enter or leave the class room when the session is on without the permission of the teacher concerned.
7. In the events of Student seminars/project presentations etc., it is compulsory that all the students of the concerned class be present for the entire session.
8. All students shall leave the classes immediately after 4.30p.m. No students shall wander or gather in verandah, corridor, and staircase etc. Do not spend much time in canteen, coffee shops etc.
9. All leave applications (Regular & Medical) shall be submitted in time, for sanction by HoD and concerned teachers. Application for medical leave shall be accompanied by valid medical certificates.
10. Students shall come to the college in approved uniforms with formal shirts tucked into trousers with black belt and black shoes. Hawai type rubber or plastic chappals are not permitted.
11. Students shall not make any alterations to the Uniform of the college without the permission of the concerned HoD and any violation of this will attract reprisal.
12. All the students are expected to attend all college functions in college uniform unless otherwise specified.
13. All the students shall wear their identity cards, well displayed. Identity badge is a public document and any teaching staff and non teaching staff shall have the right to peruse it. Denial of that invites disciplinary action.
14. All kinds of tattooing, body piercing, hair styling etc. that goes against the existing social norms and which could go against the spirit of IASE academic values will be referred to the discipline committee.
15. Any dress code violation noticed within the campus will initiate disciplinary actions.
16. As per the Govt. order and Green initiatives students shall not bring powered vehicles except cycles inside the campus.
17. Students are expected to maintain silence in the academic buildings to maintain the decorum of a student-teacher and avoid any deviant behavior.
18. Students are encouraged to make use of the library, common computing facilities and to involve in professional body activities or any program authorized by the college beyond class hours.
19. Access to academic buildings beyond the above timing and on holidays without written permission from the concerned HoD will be treated as a case of indiscipline.
20. Keep the campus neat and clean. Do not put any waste anywhere in the campus except in the waste baskets kept. Any violation of this shall invite a minimum fine of Rs. 100/-.
21. Consumption of intoxicants / psychotropic substances in any form or smoking or using chewinggum, panmasala etc. are strictly prohibited.
22. Students are not permitted to arrange any unauthorized celebrations and decorations of any magnitude in the campus.
23. Students are expected to make use of academic, co-curricular and extracurricular facilities available to the optimum levels. This will certainly make them physically fit, academically competent, mentally alert and socially sensitive.
24. Students who intend to represent the college in intercollegiate events shall take prior permission from the concerned head of the department and the selection will be based on parameters such as academic performance, attendance, character, existing academic pressure and competence of the student in the proposed event for participation.
25. The college has a student's union. Every department should elect a student as class representative. The class representatives of all the departments meet for election in the Principal's room. They elect a Chairman, Secretary, Sports Secretary, Cultural Secretary, and Social Service Secretary from among the class representatives on the basis of secret ballot.
26. Political activity in any form is not permitted in the College campus. Unauthorized meetings, propaganda work, processions or fund collections are forbidden within the College and outside the college.
27. Harassing juniors, ill treatment to other fellow students or any such form of ragging is objectionable and liable to be treated as criminal offence by the law enforcing agencies as per the directives of Hon'ble Supreme Court of India.
28. Any violation of the above rules will invite penalty in the form of warning, fine, summoning of parents or any course of corrective measure as found suitable by the higher authority of the College.
29. Teacher Education, being a professional training course, 85% Attendance is compulsory and in extreme circumstances 75% attendance is allowed purely on medical grounds.
30. In case of any instance of noncompliance of existing rules or any observed matter/behavior that deviates from the vision and mission of IASE, all the staff members are empowered to initiate disciplinary procedure by filling in a standard form which in turn may lead to the constitution of an enquiry committee and further proceedings.